You have so many questions. We have a few answers. (More coming soon.)
Q: ACK! I GAVE YOU THE WRONG NAME AND/OR ADDRESS FOR MY ORDER. HOW DO I FIX IT?
A: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information you need changed and your order number.
Q: WHY IS MY SHOPPING CART IS ACTING FUNNY? HELP!
If you are having problems with your shopping cart, click this handy link to reset your cart.
Q: I ORDERED A RECORD ALONG WITH A PREORDER, LIKE, TWO MONTHS AGO. WHERE ARE THEY??
A: Anything ordered with a preorder won't ship until the preorder ships. If you absolutely need something in hand before a preorder is released, you will need to place a separate order for the non-preorder item.
Q: I LIVE IN ITALY AND JUST PLACED AN ORDER, BUT YOUR SHIPPING IS SO EXPENSIVE! WHY?
A: Our shipping rates are pulled directly from USPS and based on the weight of the items shipped. We don't add an additional handling fee. Turns out, sending heavy items halfway across the globe is more expensive than it used to be. You can complain about this to our postal service directly at usps.com.
Q: I AM A PROMOTER AND WANT TO BOOK ONE OF YOUR BANDS. WHAT IS THEIR AVAILABILITY? CAN THEY PLAY MY FESTIVAL?
A: We typically do not schedule live appearances for bands on our roster -- they are coordinated by each band's intrepid booking agent. Contact information for booking agents can be found on the promo and press tab of our individual artist pages. If booking information isn't listed, the group is no longer performing live.
Q: I WORK AT A RECORD STORE. HOW CAN WE CARRY ALL OF THESE WONDERFUL HARDLY ART TITLES?
A: Excellent question. Hardly Art is distributed through ADA/WEA in the US, and direct sales are handled through Sub Pop. If you are located West of the Mississippi (plus Illinois), please email email@example.com. If you are East of the Mississippi (plus Minnesota), please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't accept direct orders from international accounts at this time.
Q: I AM A PERFECT BAND. HOW DO I SUBMIT MY DEMO?
A: We accept demos and will make an effort to listen to everything sent in. However, we can't guarantee a response*, nor can we return any materials sent. That said, your music will certainly be listened to and given consideration in due time. Demo submissions may be sent to:HARDLY ART
PO Box 2007
Seattle, WA 98111
- Please send an easily accessible link where your music can be streamed. Do not send files as attachments, Google Drive links, or through another third-party file transfer service.
- Any emails with music files sent as an attachment will be automatically deleted.
- Any emails with all recipients cc'd or bcc'd will be automatically deleted.
- Any emails from a mailing list will be automatically deleted.
- Please do your research on us as a label before presuming your band or music would be a good fit.
- We do not need your lyrics, photos, press quotes, or life story. A simple elevator pitch and link to music will suffice.
- We do not offer publishing deals, and we are not a recording studio.